Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

2012 New York Giants Need to Fill Some Holes in This Year's NFL Draft: Fan ... - Yahoo! Sports

The 2012 NFL draft is just a day away and I can't wait to see who my New York Giants are going to draft. The Giants have some immediate needs that could use some tending to. A new TE is a must. We could also use some more help in the secondary. The O-line is also suspect so picking up an offensive lineman is key. And let's not forget to grab a RB and a WR. We need depth in those positions.

Here are five players that I think can help fill those voids:

Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford - I don't know if this guy will be available at the 32 spot in round one but I'm crossing my fingers. Fleener would be a great addition for the New York Giants, especially since their other two TE's are most likely going to start the 2012 season on the PUP list. And you can forget about Martellus Bennett. What did he do as a Dallas Cowboy? Nothing.

Brandon Boykin, CB, Georgia -

The Giants could use this guy in their backfield. He's fast, has good recovery speed and I like the way he fights for the ball. He's easily one of my favorite CB's in this draft. I'm not sold on our secondary. Yeah, we have a great D-line, but our secondary last year got burned too many times. Boykin could be a great asset moving forward.

Brandon Mosley, OT, Auburn -

Our offensive line last year was not that great. If it weren't for Eli's mobility last year could've been a disaster. I like Mosley. I like the way he finishes a play and I like his mobility. He's also a good run blocker and could be instrumental in helping the Giants get back to some of that smash mouth football.

Bernard Pierce, RB, Temple - I hate our running back depth. The loss of Brandon Jacobs kind of stings a little. It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if the Giants could land Pierce. Pierce is a good runner who can run inside and outside and has the ability to make the first guy miss. Not only that but he's a patient runner. An attribute that is almost a necessity in today's NFL.

Joe Adams, WR, Arkansas - This is more of a depth issue than anything. The loss of Mario Manningham really hurt the New York Giants WR depth. And I'm not that wild about any of the other receivers on the Giants roster. We need a quality number three WR. Adams could be a nice compliment to Cruz and Nicks. Adams has a great first step and has the ability to blow past defenders. I really like this guy and I think he could make a immediate impact on our receiving core.

Dylan Davis is an avid fan of the New York Giants and has been since birth. His love for Big Blue is only rivaled by his hate for the Dallas Cowboys and the other teams in the NFC East.

Sources:

NFL.com News

CBS Sports.com

No comments:

Post a Comment