Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

New York Giants Sign DT Shaun Rogers - WCVB-TV

Defensive tackle Shaun Rogers has signed with the New York Giants. The 12-year veteran played for the New Orleans Saints last season, appearing in all 16 regular-season games and registering 22 tackles.A two-time Pro Bowl player, Rogers has also played for Detroit and Cleveland, and will provide veteran depth along the interior of the Giants' defensive line, likely rotating with Chris Canty, Linval Joseph and others.Rogers said he wasn't sure if he'd play a 12th NFL season after the Saints didn't make an effort to re-sign him."When you're sitting out there you always have that in the back of your head, being an 11-year vet - maybe this is the time, is it not the time, how I am feeling, how am I transitioning this offseason?" he said. "There are a lot of variables that play into that whole card. But there was still some interest, so I figured as long as they're still interested, I have something to offer."I still most definitely feel that I can bring something to the table. I might not be exactly like I was in '06, but I still have some tricks and I still have some good push in me."Originally a second-round pick by Detroit in 2001, Rogers has 504 tackles, 37.5 sacks and 27 passes defensed in 156 regular-season games. He has also blocked 14 field-goal attempts.

No comments:

Post a Comment